Monday, March 30, 2009

There and Back

Hi Everyone,
Dad and I made it back to Atlanta Saturday night before five and after clearing Customs and driving back, we were home before nine. Everything went well in Moscow. Megan was friendlier this trip and took up with both Dad and I. She laughed and played and seemed to be much happier than on our last trip. Dad and I got to visit with her three times for over an hour each on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. However, most of it was outside in the cold and snow. She may never see that much snow again when she gets to Georgia! I had court on Thursday and it went extremely well. It only lasted roughly 15 minutes, but because the case in front of ours took over two hours, we were not able to go to the Baby House after court. However, we were able to go on Friday and the Baby House allowed us to take Megan to get her Passport and VISA pictures made. This will be one less thing Mom and I have to do when we get to Moscow.
While I was in Moscow, Olga, my translator gave me the dates and plans for Mom's and my third trip to Moscow. If everything goes as planned, we will be leaving the US on Wednesday, April 8th and arriving in Moscow on Thursday, April 9th. We will go immediately to pick up Megan's passport and to check in at the hotel. We will go to the Baby House Friday, April 10th, Good Firday, morning to pick up Megan. We will not be able to do any "business" over the weekend. So, Megan, Mom and I will be spending Easter Sunday in Moscow. On Monday, I will go to the Embassy to do paperwork. On Tuesday, Megan will have her medical exam. On Wednesday, all of us will go back to the Embassy for the exit interview and final paperwork. On Thursday we will then fly home.
Sorry I did not update the blog while I was gone, for some reason the hotel's internet service had it blocked.
Thanks again for everything!
Michelle

1 comment:

Cindy said...

She's so adorable! Congratulations!