Thursday, March 12, 2009

Adoption Hell and Stuck in Purgatory

Hi Everyone,
I know I haven't blogged in a while, but to be perfectly honest, I haven't wanted too. I also haven't wanted to talk to people about the adoption. (Sorry if I haven't emailed or called you back.) There are only so many times and ways I can say/tell people that I am still waiting on a court date. It gets very depressing to say over and over, I don't know anything and I don't know when I will bringing Megan home.
And as of today, I am still waiting....it has been over three months since I visited Megan Sabrina in Moscow and I still don't know when I will be going back to court. I have redone all my paperwork and gotten new FBI and GBI clearances (which are only good for three months). Everything is in Moscow, so as soon as all the documents are translated and given to the judge, I should be hearing something. I hope every week will be "the week", but so far no luck. Hopefully, I will hear something soon!
Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers!
Michelle

4 comments:

Rich and Jolynn said...

Michelle, I have Prayed for you after reading your post. Prayed that soon you and Megan will be reunited.

Carolynn and Steve said...

Michelle,
I KNOW this is the hardest part of all of this. Please know that I'm holding you in my prayers, and hope that this will all SOON be over.

JennyM said...

Hang in there. I've BEEN there BIG TIME. We had a 10 month wait between our first trip and our court date. Excruciatingly L-O-N-G! We are a CHI family as well and I found your blog on their blog.

I promise that the wait will be forgotten (maybe not all the bumps along the way) when you bring your little one home.

We're the Martin Family under the completed families section of CHI's blog if you want to check out our blog.

Cindy said...

Hang in there! I remember vividly how I felt and it was exactly what you just described. I was tired of everyone asking me and further depressing me about it when i had no more news to share and I was VERY crabby. I had to wait over six months to go back to Vlad to get Vika, but that is a region that takes much longer than Moscow, so I bet you should hear any time now. Stay on them about paperwork and asking constantly where things are at...I had a couple snafus with missing paperwork that went unnoticed for a few months and would have moved my date up if we'd been communicating better between Moscow, my region and STL. I can't wait until I see you post that you've got that date. You're in my prayers, single mom to single mom!

Cindy