Friday, February 6, 2009

Still Waiting

Hi Everyone,
I know I have not updated my blog in awhile, but quiet honestly I haven't had good news to report. I am still in the paperwork "shuffle" game, and at this point there is no end in sight. I have done all I can do and I am just waiting on CHI to give me a court date. However, since my orginial INS approval expires on February 15th, they will not give me a court date until I have a new INS clearance. I have not heard anything from the INS and it has been three weeks since I sent all my paperwork to them. When I finally get the INS approval, I will have to get it apostilled and sent to St. Louis; which will take about a week. So.....if I get to travel to Moscow and go to court by the end of February I will be surprised.
I am now getting very discouraged and very worried that my GBI clearance and medical exam that I had done when I returned from the first trip (which is only good for three months) will expire again before I get a court date. Which means have to have both redone again, apostilled and sent to St. Louis. It seems never ending.
Please keep Megan and my family in your thoughts and prayers! Her grandparents are getting as upset and "antsy" as I am. We are all so ready to bring her home. I know there is a reason for all the delays, but at this point I can't see the reason.
Love,
Michelle

2 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

Hang in there. Can you contact INS or maybe your senator to get help getting the new clearance? Our senator helped ours along for us. We'll be praying that the documents come in and your court date is issued.

Carolynn and Steve said...

I KNOW that this is incredibly hard and frustrating. It's SO hard when all these things are just out of your hands---I know. Hang in there--like Rachel, I'm praying that your documents come in pronto.