Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I'm a Mom!!!!

Today was a VERY big day. Mom and I started at around 10:00 and traveled (I use that word loosely in downtown Moscow) to the Ministry of Education where I was matched with a 17 month old little girl. We then traveled around Moscow for an hour before we made it to her Baby House. After waiting for the Director and getting the basic information I got to meet my daughter. She was dressed in a GOD-AWFUL ugly blue dress and they had just shaved her head, but she came to me right away and seemed very happy until she saw herself in the mirrow. She then screamed her head off.......she visited with her Grand for a few minutes, but she wanted her Nurse. She is very attached to her. We then left her so she could go back to sleep and meet with her doctor. She was very nice and answered all of our questions.
The best news is my little angel is healthy!!! She is 17 months old, walking, potty trained, feeding herself, and very independent!!! She has a set of lungs, which I heard when she was upset. She also has a few teeth!!!! She is weighing in at over 25 pounds, so she isn't petite........
We will be seeing her again tomorrow and they said I could take her outside for awhile in the snow if I wanted to!
Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers!

2 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

Congratulations on meeting your little girl - she sounds like a pretty normal little girl - I like to think I would scream if I saw my hair buzzed too!! Enjoy your time with her!

Children's Hope International said...

Awesome! And what a fun story of her seeing herself in the mirror. Congratulations on such a successful first meeting!

Jennifer N.