Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Get Ready......Get Set.......

Over the last couple of days, I have been busy getting things done for the trip to Moscow. Mom and I will leave Atlanta on Saturday, November 22nd and will return (hopefully) on Thanksgiving Day, November 27th. For those of you that do not know, I have an appointment with the Ministry of Education on Tuesday morning, November 25th. From his/her office, I will travel to the baby house or orphanage to meet my little girl and visit with her. Her age and schedule will determine how long we get to spend with her that afternoon. I will then have that evening to make my decision and if I decide to accept her, I will visit her again Wednesday morning. Then that afternoon, I will appear before a judge (probably a court clerk) asking to adopt my little girl and change her name. If these plans hold, mom and I will leave Moscow Thursday afternoon. If anything should go wrong or happen, we will remain in Moscow until Friday or Saturday. Please be praying that everything goes ok and mom and I have the strength to make the decisions we need to make.
As of today, I have purchased the airline tickets, made the hotel reservations, applied for our Visas and mom and I have purchased new "snow" boots and luggage. I think that other than putting things in the suitcase, we are as ready as we can be at this date! Needless to say, I am ready to go!
I talked to Leslie from CHI yesterday (via email) and she said that barring any major problems, CHI plans to have me finished before March. So........even though I now know I won't have Megan for Christmas, I now have some sort of deadline to work towards. I feel like there is a light at the end of the tunnel and I am slowing making my way to it.
Please continue to keep Megan in your thoughts and prayers!
Thanks for everything!

1 comment:

liz_koppany said...

Michelle, I am so happy to see how close you are to getting your daughter. You must be SO excited. My prayers are with you and your family as you make the journey to Moscow. Congratulations and good luck!