Monday, October 20, 2008

Approaching A Year

Hello Everyone,
On October 23rd, it will be one year since my paperwork was sent to Moscow City. When I started the International Adoption process I knew it would be a long wait, but I never dreamed it would last for over a year with still no word on a completion date. My first adoption consultant(Arati) hinted that it would be February, 2009, before I got my little girl. I never dreamed she would be right or at least close to the date! At this point, I am number one in line for a little girl in the region of Moscow City, but have no idea when I will be matched or when I will be able to travel. I am in the process of updating paperwork because the paperwork that has been sent to Moscow is either out of date by this point or will be soon! The paperwork "game" in International Adoption is a never ending process! BUT.....I just keep thinking that all of this will be worth it once I get my little girl.
For those of you that don't know, her first name is going to be Megan. I needed a "M" name for the Bailey side of the family, and finally decided on it. I have told people that Megan Bailey sounds like a good Irish name for my little Russian girl!!!! The nursery is also almost finished. I will post pictures soon. I am not buying a bed yet, because I don't know if I will need a baby bed, a toddler bed or a twin bed......that will be a purchase for after the first trip. If you want to see Megan's room decor before I post the pictures, you can go online to "Kids Line" and type in "Clothes Line".
Please continue to keep Megan in your thoughts and prayers! I know that by this point she has been born and is waiting for me somewhere in Moscow City!!!!!
By the way.....GO DAWGS!!!!!

No comments: